well here we are again...

I don't know how this tradition started - me updating you guys on how life's been, every single October. But I kinda like it. How bout you? You probably like it even more this year because I haven't really been posting. #sorryimnotsorry
I know people are always saying this, but I really can't believe it's been a year since we last seen my favorite month. And here's another thing people are always saying, but is true: this year has been nuts. But here in the middle of all this chaos; it's finally October. Can we all just take a step back and let October soak in, with all it's beauty? Breathe in all the yummy candles, soak in the music in the rain, dive into your favorite book, and let's just let everything be normal in that moment.
This has been the longest shortest year of my life, for sure. Because, am I the only one who feels it should be April still? But also, it feels like twenty-twenty has been lasting twelve-hundred years. All at the same time.
So, let's see, what has happened since last October?
Welllllll I met my beautiful niece and I mean BEAUTIFUL!!! Kate is such a joy to have around. <3 the other day, I was laying on the couch, feeling pretty miserable with this cold I've been fighting, and Kate was playing on the floor. When she seen me there, she squealed. Then she came crawling over to the couch as fast as she could, squealing and chatting in her own little language all the way. When she got closer she stood up and begged to be picked up. So I took her and sat her on me. She squealed some more, laid her head on mine, and just gave me loves. oh my heart. <3 Her sloppy wet kisses are enough to kill ya, I swear. I love her so much, it's crazy. Even just going one day without seeing her is soooo hard.
Work has been going pretty good. Even added a client! And maybe another, though at the time that I'm writing this, we haven't been able to even schedule our first cleaning day with them because both LaKaysha and I have been fighting a pretty awful cold. Which sucks, btw.
This year has been full of changes, and I won't deny crying for hours on end because of it all. Some things are pretty personal, and I'm not sure I want to share them on here. But one thing you already know about: my Grandpa sold his house. There was a day, not too long before moving day, that I went there and cried. It was pretty awful, but I'm glad I got it all out before moving day. I'd rather not have all my aunts and uncle staring at me while I cry, thank you. xP
Haven't taken any vacations this year, so far. But friends have visited me and that was awesome! First, in February Janeya came from NH, and we had some pretty good times. Including late night chats over Burgerville milkshakes <3 And then, just last month, Natasha visited me and it was a BLAST! The little sneak didn't tell me she was coming, so that was a great surprise! I was actually at the beach with my family (one of the three beach days I had this summer xP) when she sent the Snap. It was a video of a place that I know very well, and I was just like, "Wait. What!?" I was actually mind-blown *laughs* We had some good times while she was here. Walks. Drives. Coffee dates. And a late night movie. <3
I mayyyy be going to the beach sometime this month. My aunt and uncle are going with their family, and my aunt invited me (along with my siblings, I'm sure ;P) to go hangout with them. I really want to, since I haven't done any overnight trips this year, besides camping at my Grandpa's property before he and Sue moved there xP We'll see if I can manage to make it there or not. *fingers crossed* (remember the last time we visited them at the beach?)
This summer has been a terrible fire season for the PNW, as I'm sure most of you already know. . . let's just say breathing in smoke for two weeks straight is not good. I felt all the love for the firefighters during those days. And I still do. Cause though the smoke is gone, and the fire isn't as big a threat, there are still firefighters out there fighting that fire. Aren't they amazing??
Oh! Another thing!
Guess who's turning twenty-one soon!
Meeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
How am I going to be 21??? That just sounds soooo oooollddddd. *hides* Like, I don't even know what to say about it. I'm going to turn 21 this month. And I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I try not to think too hard about it, cause if I do, I end up really sad.
Cause, yes, I'm still single. If any of you were wondering. And I still hate it.
And that's that, I guess.
A N Y W A Y
I'm very excited for the end of the year. My birthday. Kate's birthday. Thanksgiving. CHRISTMAS. and of course. 2021. *wipes sweat* we've almost done it. we've almost survived twenty-twenty! *claps*
Keep on Keepin' on, Folks! <333333

I don't know if I've commented before but I love your blog Daminika!
ReplyDeleteAww I hope you can find peace for your 21st birthday!!
Awww thanks for this sweet comment <3
DeleteLoved reading this. <3
ReplyDelete<333
DeleteIt was fun not telling you I was coming to visit, hehehe!! XD
ReplyDeleteHopefully 2021 will be an amazing year. Yeah girl. Getting older is sort of weird when you aren't where you wish you were in life... but I hope you'll have the best birthday <333 :)
Haha, I imagine it was xP
DeleteThanks! <333333