I don't know if you've noticed, but I am a huge country fan. Old country. 99% of what's playing on the radio these days are *clears throat* craaaaaapppppp.
Anyway, here's my top ten male country singers, plus a thousand and two honorable mentions.
|| Randy Travis
My Top Ten Randy Travis Songs
more:
Forever and Ever, Amen
I Told You So
If I Didn't Have You
Deeper Than the Holler
Heroes and Friends
Three Wooden Crosses
Angel
Four Walls
He Walked on Water
1982
When Mama Prayed
*I'm gonna have to do an entire post on his gospel songs*
|| Alan Jackson
some of his best songs:
Look At Me
Drive
A Little Bluer Than That
Chattahoochee
Summertime Blues
Livin' on Love
Little Bitty *six pack of dew*
Tall, Tall Trees
Love's Got a Hold on You
It Must be Love
Dallas
It's All About Him
That's the Way
|| George Strait
songs by King George:
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Amarillo By Morning
I Cross my Heart
Run
Baby's Gotten Good at Goodbye
Easy Come Easy Go
If I Know Me
Baby Blue
Blue Clear Sky
The Man in Love With You
I Saw God Today
You Know Me Better Than That
Love Bug
The Big One
Cowboy's Like Us
I Got a Car
|| Chris LeDoux
Songs by this amazing rodeo cowboy:
Western Skies
Look At You Girl
Tougher than the Rest
Desperado
County Fair
Life is a Highway
Workin' Man's Dollar
Silence on the Line
Horsepower
Hooked on an Eight Second Ride
I Believe in America
Cowboy Up
Shot Full of Love
|| Glen Campbell
Glen's skills:
Jesus and Me (his little message before the song <333)
Rhinestone Cowboy
Galveston (one time I was writing a book, that was inspired by this song)
Try a Little Kindness
The Boy in Me
I'm Not Gonna Miss You
Southern Nights
These Days
Gentle on my Mind
Country Boy (You've got Your Feet in LA)
Dreams of the Everyday Housewife
Bonaparte's Retreat
And just to prove to you he has great skilllllzzzz here's him playing guitar:
Galveston solo
La Bamba
Mull of Kintyre (bagpipes)
|| Lionel Cartwright
some of his rare beauties:
Leap of Faith
Be My Angel
Give Me His Last Chance
I Watched it all on My Radio
Free Me From Myself
|| Clint Black
songs everyone should hear:
Nothing But the Taillights
Good Run of Bad Luck
A Better Man
When I Said I Do
Something That We Do
Like the Rain
When My Ship Comes In
Summer's Comin'
|| Dierks Bentley
*probably the "newest" country singer I listen to*
the songs I listen to:
Home
Woman, Amen
Living
Riser
My Last Name
|| Sawyer Brown (band)
*promise, they're country*
some of their songs:
The Dirt Road
Six Days on the Road
The Walk
Some Girls Do
The Race is On
48 Hours Till Monday
|| Dan Seals
ooohhh the memories connected with his songs:
Bop
One Friend
Meet Me in Montana
I Will Be There
Everything that Glitters
(You Bring Out) The Wild Side of Me
Honorable Mentions:
Merle Haggard - a random song: The Fightin' Side Of Me
John Denver - a random song: Poems, Prayers, and Promises
Davis Daniel - a random song: Still Got a Crush on You
Neal McCoy - a random song: Wink
Clay Walker - a random song: Live Until I Die (the music video is my dream life, btw)
John Michael Montgomery- a random song: How Was I to Know
Bryan White - a random song: Tree of Hearts
Josh Turner - a random song: Jacksonville
Michael Martin Murphey - a random song: Cowboy Logic (the logic of a real man)
Ned LeDoux - a random song: By My Side
Gary Allen - a random song: It Would Be You
Paul Overstreet - a random song: Richest Man on Earth
Brooks and Dunn - a random song: My Maria
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - a random song: Dance Little Jean
Toby Keith - a random song: Should've Been a Cowboy
Sammy Kershaw - a random song: Vidalia
Confederate Railroad - a random song: Jesus and Mama
Travis Tritt - a random song: Anymore
Tim McGraw - a random song: Just to See You Smile
Eddie Rabbit - a random song: Step by Step
Diamond Rio - a random song: Norma Jean Riley
Doug Stone - a random song: I Thought it was You
there's toooooo many I could never mention then all! *laughs* also. I'm not even sorry for dumping all those recommendations on you *winks*
Are you a country fan, as I clearly am?? xP












I love country music! ;)
ReplyDeleteEeee!! Who is your favorite male singer!?
DeleteThese are the bomb! *winks*
ReplyDeleteI know, I know ;)
DeleteI was thinking, yes, yes, yes, until I got to Dierks Bentley and then I thought, WHO?! Haha! Fun post!
ReplyDeleteHahahaha!!! *laughing*
DeleteI only recently started listening to him, so it's ok ;P
I'm glad you thought this post was fun xP It took me houurrrrssss *laughs*
Dierks Bentley?! I'm in the same boat as Emily *laughs* ok, I have heard of him but that's it.
ReplyDeleteOh! I forgot out beautiful "I'm a little bluer than that" is!
So so many good ones.
how*
DeleteOh come on xP he has some good songs, and his voice is amazing, so don't judge me ;)
DeleteOh, and I had forgotten how beautiful that song is too
DeleteAhhh, all these guys <3 Glen Campbell, Chris LeDoux, Randy Travis, George Strait, Dierks Bentely... yeah, I love them all! But you forgot Charley Pride, Johnny Cash, George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Buck Owens, Don Williams, Hank Williams, Marty Robbins, Johnny Horton, Alabama... Yeah, Okay. The list goes on and on. But Charley Pride and Don Williams deserve a mention since they are the best thing on planet earth since the invention of country music. Oh, and Marty Robbins. His vocal skills are on point.
ReplyDeletewe could be here all dayyyyyy
Delete