February's almost over and it's time for another wrap-up post. I can't believe that the things that happened in the beginning of this month were this month. Feels like forever since I seen Janeya last. <3 on the last day of January we met her for lunch after work, and then brought her home to our house. That was such a good time. i miss her.
That night was her uncle's Last Night Out and, well, I went. xP Girls weren't allowed down in the field with the guys where they were driving old cars around. But we sat at the top of the hill and watched, and froze, and chatted, and it was a grand time.
The next day was the wedding. Kirsten drove down for a long weekend stay, and we spent most the day getting ready for the wedding that night. But we did find the time to run and get coffee before the local coffee shop closed for the night. *winks*
Weddings are always such great fun (and I get to go to another one this weekend!!), so that was a good time. But my favorite part of the day was after the wedding, when we went to Burgerville for milkshakes and stayed there till ten (pm), then went to Janeya's grandma's place (my great-aunt) and hung out in the basement before going home for the night. I didn't get any pictures from any of this. I guess I was too busy enjoying my out-of-town family.
![]() |
| Kirsten and LaKaysha, a coffee run to RedLeaf |
Having Janeya here was such a blessing. She's a treasure for sure. <333333 we had coffee dates, and long chats, and just a lovely time. I can't even begin to tell how what a joy it was. Her time here was over too soon.
While both Janeya and Kirsten were here we took LaKaysha out for her 22nd birthday. We had such grand plans of surprising her with lunch and bowling. We did surprise her and we did go for lunch, but the one time to try to go bowling - the bowling alley is packed. whyyyyy???? We ended up trying a new coffee shop and walk a local shop, which LaKaysha really enjoys, so it worked out fine.
Kate is getting so big! She's so smiley, and adorable - and living with us while Felicity and Josiah are in between apartments <3 I may want my room back real soon, but this little niece is such a joy to have in the house, everyday, all day. I don't mind her cries in the night either. She's too sweet to get annoyed at.
So my February started out a little bit crazy - with work and visiting family, I will admit I got a little overwhelmed. But that calmed down, and so did work. If it wasn't for my grandpa being willing to let us prune his fruit trees, we wouldn't be working hardly at all this week.
Oh, Valentine's Day was a thing. I forget about that. Or try to - being a single girl. I'm not gonna lie and tell you that Valentine's Day isn't hard for me, because it is. LaKaysha and I worked that day, but treated ourselves to lunch and coffee after work. Also our mom gave us some special things at breakfast <3
At the coffee shop the random guy in front of us on line left cash to go towards our drinks, so that was sweet <3
I'm excited for the wedding this weekend - another one of those weddings where I don't know which side of the church to sit on because I am related to both the bride and groom. Maybe this time we'll actually do what we threaten to do each time my mom's cousin marries my dad's cousin: just sit in the middle of the aisle and make everyone walk around us *laughs* ok, I won't do that xP I'll probably end up sitting with my mom's side of the family... we'll see.
Watched in February:
Psych
Emergency!
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
A Walk to Remember
Read in February:
When Calls The Heart by Janette Oke
Heard in February:
Single Girl by Sandy Posey
Woman, Amen and Living by Dierks Bentley
The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert
Home by Phillip Phillips
Prayed for You by Matt Stell
How was your February? Your Valentine's Day? Have you ever been related to both the bride and groom at a wedding? Or is that just my family? *the bride and groom are not related to each other, for those of you who were worried*







Ah, our niece is just the cutest thing... <3
ReplyDeleteIt was a lot of fun to read this!!!
Kate's smile is adorable!
ReplyDeleteYou and Janeya look a lot a like in the picture! Well, your hair and your clothes do, anyway. Haha!
What a nice month. :) I had a pretty good February too. We went and went and hung out with our cousins on Valentine's Day. Haha xP
ReplyDeleteOoh fun month! Its always the best to visit with friends who you rarely see. And, ahh Kate is so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a good February! <3
ReplyDelete~Brooklyn | fiveshekels.blogspot.com
wow. I agree with Emily. you and Janeya DO look alike!!
ReplyDelete