Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Trip || M O M E N T S


I'm back! Did you miss me?
I got home last night, but not late - which was nice. I went to bed early and slept probably 10 hours. But still, I am exhausted. *laughs* Time change and traveling.
Did you notice? I was gone a week longer than planned. The 5th was getting closer and closer and I wasn't near ready to leave. So, my dad called the airlines and extended my ticket, and LaKaysha's ticket. I am so thankful for that extra week.
Leaving was once again really hard, just like last year. But I think it may have been worse this time? Our cousins brought us to the airport and I hardly said a word the whole way. It's hard to talk when you're freaking out about flying with only your sister, and trying not to cry because you have to leave these people behind.
I hate. hate. hate. goodbye.
But. That's life.

So many moments on this trip <3 So let's just get on with the post...

M O M E N T S   T O   R E M E M B E R:

When your sister won't stop flirting with her husband #awkward #butstillcute
-
Tyrel - *runs into bedroom door* "DOOR! How dare you betray me!"
-
Great Aunt Jennie on the phone - "Your cake is being loud!? I don't think you know what you're talking about."
-
Seeing your cousin, Ryan, march in the Memorial Day Parade and then getting your picture taken with him #favoritefirstcousinonceremoved 


-
When you feel both coffee and hug deprived and Uncle Marlon not only hugs you tight but he also brings you to Dunkin's #bestuncleaward 
-
Hanging out with cousins. Janeya bought me tea, Ryan threw my garbage away, Tyrel climbed on a roof and also put a bumble bee on his head - and made me touch it.
-
Went hiking at dusk/in the dark and I barely survived. And then Tyrel made me drive a stick for the first time since last year. In the dark. But I DID IT
-
Tyrel to other poeple - "If you so much as touch my doorknob you will die."
Tyrel to me - "My tea is on my dresser if you ever want some. Just don't let anyone else in."
I must be special xP*laughs*
-
Me - "Aren't I just cute?"
Marita - "You're Daminika"
Me - "But is Daminika cute?
Marita - *no comment*
-
when your texts conversations with your cousin don't make sense because they're partly in person, partly on Snapchat
-
Ryan - *throws something at Tyrel*
Tyrel - *spins around*
"Daminika did it!"
Me - "Whaaat?"
-
I BOUGHT THE GREATEST SHOWMAN SOUNDTRACK
-
Tyrel bought me Kimball's and then got lost on the way home... He's special *laughs* It was literally the best thing that happened. We were laughing till we cried while Tyrel tried to figure out how to get out of the woods we found ourselves in.
-
We decided to go swing on the swing in the dark and I SEEN FIREFLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
-
Listening to Tyrel and Kirsten talk like *blinkblink* you lost me a million words ago.
Those two are geniuses, I swear
-
Supper in Felicity's apartment <333333
-
*trying to explain to my cousin who someone is*
Me - "Do you remember that one girl..."
Him - "Wait! Is she beautiful!?"
Me - "Uhhhh. Yeah..."
Him - "Yeah I know her! She's on Christmas cards and I'm always like, Gahhhhhh who is this beautiful woman!?"
Me - O.O
-
Sometimes the simple evenings spent roasting marshmallows and watching fireflies are the best evenings <3
-
On the tramp. watching for fireflies. chatting. laughing. looking at the stars. <3
-
Kirsten - "Daminika. I love you..."
*I start to melt*
"... But. Give me your food."
-
Standing on top of a mountain after hiking, talking to Tyrel and LaKaysha - suddenly they both start attacking my face... but I still got bug bites
-
all the horrible pictures people manage to get of me *facepalm*

(also Kirsten's bakery is the best)
-
Even just bringing Marissa and Marita to the airport is an adventure when you're us. #adventureswiththecousin 
-
When Felicity makes you tea at her home <333
-
Going out to eat with Felicity and Josiah (oh Tyrel was there too xP)
-
Playing outside with the twins while everyone else is at a wedding <3
-
*The night before I left*
Tyrel - "What are we going to do? You won't be here anymore.... It'll be great."
Me - "You won't miss me at all!?"
Tyrel - "I might two or three or four times."
Me - *goes downstairs and cries* 

14 comments:

  1. LOVED! I wish I had gone with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, cousin! Sounds like you had a blast!! And I love how you put this post together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay stop. I'm an emotional wreck now. Traveling is awesome. traveling to see family is the best. but leaving them? nope. IT HURTS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. IT HURTS. ppl think I'm dramatic, but it's actual pain, promise. Don't listen to sad music while waiting at your gate. Just don't.

      Delete
  4. YAY!! Your back!! *hugs* Although I missed reading your blog posts, I know that you had a good time on your trip.
    My sister and nephew flew down for my high school graduation last week and it was SO GOOD to see them. But yes, leaving them is always hard, so I know how you feel about leaving your family.

    loved this post so much <33

    maddy || little bit of sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm back! *hugs you back* it was a very blessed time! I can't wait to do blog posts about it!
      That's so awesome that they came for your graduation!

      Aw. Thanks <3

      Delete
  5. Yay! I love how you put this together!
    What? Flirt? Me? Never.

    Miss you girls so much!! But, I am glad that brother bear and the little sister (along with the parents) got you back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, loved! <333333 This sounds like so. much. fun. You are lucky. xD
    AND YOU SAW FIREFLIES, YAAAYYY!! They're just bring a little magic to a summer night. ^__^
    The Greatest Showman soundtrack! The movie was good, and the songs! <3 I really like "Rewrite the Stars". Phillip and Anne. <3
    Some of these made me laugh! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! <3333 It was a great time! xD
      YES I WAS SQUEALING AND DYING you should've been there ;P
      Yes! Rewrite the Stars is so beautiful! <3
      Haha, I'm so glad xD

      Delete

Comments make me happy!