Thursday, November 9, 2017

Thankfulness Thursday || Week Two


Another week has passed by. And it's now time for another Thankfulness Thursday post! 


  • wood-stove. to lay by and feel all cozy, with a good book, a cup of tea, and hear the rain outside. it's a beautiful feeling. <3 
  • siblings. I have a different relationship with each one of my siblings. and they mean the world to me. built in friends. if it wasn't for them, I'd be so lonely. 
  • smiles. guys, I love to see people smile. and I love it when I realize I'm smiling and don't even know it. So many times this week I have been asked, "what are you grinning about?" and me being the person I am I say, "I don't remember". *laughs* but really. moments like that make me smile even bigger. 
  • food. 'nuf said. 
  • memories. I've been told I have a really good memory. and I'm definitely thankful for that. when I get lonely or sad, I re-live the wonderful memories I've made in my life. Bowling till midnight. the wind in my face as we drive up the 30-minute-long driveway to Grandpa's Ranch. the monkee walk in boston. riding around in Kirsten's jeep, with the top off, drinking watermelon Italian Soda, and, oh, the jeep hair.  dancing in the rain. the swing at Grandpa and Grandma's (in NH). riding around in "Nellybelle" and singing at the top of my lungs. laying on the couch at Chet and Carla's. riding Buzz, all memories of that horse are wonderful. doing hair on Thanksgiving day with cousins, aunts, and music. the funny things my cousins say and make me laugh. learning to drive a stick. oh the trips to the store to buy Arizona's, LaKaysha counting heads, Tyrel telling her everybody was there, Dustin walking through the store yelling "The bus is leaving in five minutes!!", then we'd all pile our stuff on the counter and point to one person, "they're paying". 
What are YOU thankful for this week?

23 comments:

  1. Your memory sounds so great. I wish mine was a little more like that. I have the worst attention span haha! A wood stove sounds so lovely when it's this cold out. I use to live in a house with a wood stove and it was the best things ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, it's just been recently that I realized not everyone has as good a memory as mine. ;P Of all the years I've lives, 2000 is the only year I don't have memories of. (besides '99 but I was only there for two months so... ;P)
      I love wood stoves so much <3

      Delete
    2. I'm very jealous haha! I would have loved to have memories of things I can't remember. My awful memory lead me to blogging, actually. I wanted somewhere to keep track of events and the things happening in my life!

      Delete
    3. blogging IS a very good way to keep track of things that happen in your life. :D I also keep a diary, and I have been since 2009. And I have no intention of stopping any time soon... I kinda wanna see how many I can fill ;P

      Delete
  2. Yep, we got a lot to be thankful for!

    And since you asked, I'm thankful for...

    Jesus
    Our piano
    My family
    Friends
    Words
    Letters (Not the alphabet, folks ;P)
    Food
    My own room
    Pink walls
    Pretty bedding
    A warm house
    A warm bed
    Rainfall
    Sunshine
    Rainbows
    Sight
    Hearing
    Feeling
    Taste
    Smell
    Roses
    ALL Flowers :)
    Lavender oil
    Chamomile
    Feet
    Hands
    Music
    My jobs
    The great outdoors
    Puzzles
    Prayers
    The Bible
    Singing

    I could go on, but you get the picture. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, Emily, I love this list! Letters are the best! Or any kind of snail mail. <333

      Delete
  3. Oh, good list! :)

    Things I'm thankful for this week?

    Country stuff, for one. Between the boots I got, and looking at a nice horse last night (YESSS, REALLY!!) I've gotten the country feelings. *winks*
    Laughter
    Friends and cousins
    Cute things kids say

    Just a few things I have to be thankful for. ;)



    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I came from Grace's blog to check out your Thankfulness Thursday list, and I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed it!!! Smiles are the best <3. And I love how close you can be to each of your siblings, and yet it's totally different dynamics between each of you! I have eight little siblings, and I love it :)!
    Blessings in Christ,
    Bri from forget-not-his-benefits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you enjoyed my list! Yes, smiles ARE the best <3 I love it too! You love all your siblings, but yet it's different with each one. :) I have only four siblings. One brother and three sisters. My brother is sixteen, but we sisters do tend to "baby" him. ;P 'Cause, well, he's all we've got! :)

      Delete
    2. Aw, haha! That is precious! My three year old brother thinks he's a man... but he's subject to babying, especially by me, haha.
      Blessings in the Lord,
      Bri

      Delete
  5. Love reading about your memories especially when my kiddos are part of them and I've never heard that story before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your list! (I can over from Grace Anne's blog, if you're wondering!) It has a cozy feel to it - there's definitely something about wood fires, and smiles, and good memories (and, what would life be without food?!). Thanks for sharing, and it's great to have found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey Jessica!
      I'm so glad you liked my list and that you found my blog!:D

      Delete
  7. It makes me so happy that you are doing this!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!