Thursday, December 5, 2019

all about being an auntie


I was told once by my cousin that I would have to tell her all about being an aunt.

But how is one supposed to describe the feeling?

you just love 'em.

even before they're born you love them. I would feel Kate kick against my hand while she was still growing inside, and I loved her. Without even knowing who she was. I had no idea if she was a boy or a girl, but I loved her so much. And now that she's here and she's Kate, it just makes sense. I look back and think, of course. She was always Kate. Even before we knew it.


She's beautiful. 

I hold her close and hug her. And I look at her beautiful face, and my heart is full. How can one little take up so much room in my heart? Yesterday I was over at Felicity's and I was holding a sleeping Kate, her little head was tucked under my chin and it just felt. right. I want to be an aunt that Kate is proud of. but I also want to be that crazy aunt people warn you about *laughs*

Being an aunt is even better than being cousin. And I've always loved being a cousin.

I can't wait to spoil you, Katie-Girl. 
Love ya, 
Auntie Daminika 

9 comments:

  1. Aww, this post is so precious, because Kate is so precious! And because being an aunt is so special!

    Being an aunt is one of those things that can't be explained, I guess. I'll just have to wait and see what it's like for myself. *Winks*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you thought this post was precious <3 Kate is the most precious thing. Every time I see her I can't help but say, "Oh she's so beautiful!!" and I usually end of singing More Beautiful You (by Johnny Diaz) to her. Well, at least the part that goes, "There could never be a more beautiful you" <33

      Delete
  2. Oh yes. You explained it all! *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daminika! I love the pictures of you and Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Katie is SOOOO cute, thanks for following me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!