Hello there, world!
Today I'm coming at ya with my top ten musicals!
|| The Greatest Showman
Year: 2017
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Zendaya, Zac Efron
|| Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
Year: 1954
Starring: Howard Keel, Jane Powell
|| Meet Me in St. Louis
Year: 1944
Starring: Judy Garland, Tom Drake
|| Calamity Jane
Year: 1953
Starring: Howard Keel, Doris Day
|| Holiday Inn
Year: 1942
Starring: Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, Marjorie Reynolds
|| The Happiest Millionaire
Year: 1967
Starring: Fred MacMurray, Lesley Ann Warren, John Davidson, Greer Garson
|| The One and Only Genuine Original Family Band
Year: 1968
Starring: Buddy Ebson, Kurt Russell, Lesley Ann Warren, John Davidson
|| Annie Get Your Gun
Year: 1950
Starring: Howard Keel, Betty Hutton
|| State Fair
Year: 1945
Starring: Dick Haymes, Jeanne Crain, Dana Andrews
|| Royal Wedding
Year: 1951
Starring: Fred Astaire, Jane Powell
~ As far as Royal Wedding, I've only watched it once, so I don't actually remember much about it. But I do remember liking it *winks*
~ State Fair is super cute! I love all her dresses from the movie, and since I've always loved the Fair, I really like the whole vibe of this movie. How could you look at that picture and not get the feels???
~ I really liked Annie Get Your Gun, simply for Howard Keel *winks* in my opinion, they could've done better when casting Annie.
~ The One and Only, Genuine, Original, Family Band is such a wonderful Disney musical! The music is by The Sherman Brothers, so of course it's great *winks* And though Walt died before filming began, it could still be considered one of the last movies he helped make since everyone on set was always asking, "what would Walt have done?"
~ The Happiest Millionaire. also Disney. also The Sherman Brothers. based on a true story. Need I say more?
~ I still say Holiday Inn is my favorite Christmas movie. *hearts* it just has all the feels
~ Though Calamity Jane is nothing like the true story it's still super cute and the songs will get stuck in your head for months. Promise. Howard Keel has such an amazing voice almost anything he's in is beautiful *winks*
~ Ahhhhh Meet Me In St Louis!!!!! *hearts for dayyysssss* it's just, ah. the best. okay? The songs. The dresses. The characters. The story. Everything. but, if you're moving away from a place you love - don't watch this movie. you will sob. happened to me once, so I ought to know. *winks* also, since this movie has a bit from every season of the year, it's super cozy.
~ okay, okay, okay. Seven Brides For Seven Brothers is diffidently my favorite musical from it's time. Howard Keel once again. *winks* But, I grew up watching this movie. So many memories. *hearts* plus the songs are great, the casting was great, the story is great, and I just love it, okay?
~ and The Greatest Showman. Now that is a great movie. Not something I say a lot about new(ish) movies.
So. Do you agree with my list? Have you watched any of these? (if not, please do) What are some of YOUR favorite musicals?














YES! I love musicals, and Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, The Greatest Showman, and Meet Me In St Louis are all amazing!! I haven't watched the rest on this list although I really need to.
ReplyDeleteI also adore White Christmas and Singing in the Rain. <3
Yes, you really should watch the rest of these! *winks*
DeleteOh White Christmas! Funny story. I started watching it for the first time, like, six (?) years ago. And have started it many times sense but I've NEVER FINISHED IT *laughs* something always came up xP
But I did like Singing in the Rain!
I've only watched Holiday Inn and The Greatest Showman. I'd like to watch some of those other ones sometime.
ReplyDeleteThe Sound of Music is another musical I like :)
That's it?? Goodness! xP I think you'd really like Meet Me in St Louis and State Fair! I'm sure you'd like the rest too, but those two just seem like your type. But, because I grew up watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers you're gonna HAVE to watch that. Don't really have a choice there *winks*
DeleteOh yes, I love The Sound of Music! The only reason it didn't make it on this list is because it's sooooo long so I haven't sat down and watched it all the way through in yearrrrrsssss. But I DID grow up watching it ALL the time. Especially while sick with the flu. idk why xP
Hehe. *shrugs*
DeleteI'll have to see if the library has them sometime. 👍
Ok, fine then. Lol xP
Yeah it's a good movie
I love musicals! Especially, The Greatest Showman, Calamity Jane, Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, and... wait. I love all of them! *winks*
ReplyDeleteI have only seen the 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 7th ones. I think Seven Brides For Seven Brothers is probably my favorite of favorites!!!
ReplyDeleteoh yes! Favorite of favorites for sure!!
DeleteI've seen about half of these...all so good!
ReplyDeleteI was in a production of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers this last spring and it was sooo much fun!! I played Dorcas, which was definitely one of my favorite roles ever. The barn dance scene was one of the most exhausting things I've ever done, but it was a blast.
Now I must go add all the ones I haven't seen yet to my list!
That must've been sooooo cool! I can imagine the barn dance scene would be exhausting!! As kids, my siblings and I used to put that scene going and try to do the dance. We'd mostly end up just bouncing around, but we had fun with it *winks*
DeleteI've never watched "Annie Get Your Gun" or "Royal Wedding" but love the rest!
ReplyDeleteYou probably should ;)
Delete