picture found on pinterest
heyyyyyyy
how are you, people of the internet?
I'm doing pretty good. Life goes on, despite the craziness going on in the world, and I really don't have anything to complain about. Today I thought I'd recommend some books for y'all. I am currently reading A Prairie Legacy series by Janette Oke, if you were wondering *winks*
okay, now on to the recommendations:
|| Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
I finally got around to reading this wonderful book, and I loved it! Though there were times when I wouldn't pick it up for a week or so, but classics are just hard for me to get through, ok? Please don't judge me for that. I also had to put it down after the first part and read something else in-between, only because I get overwhelmed by classics - like I said.
But I still loved it, and would recommend it to everyone!
|| Love Comes Softly Series by Janette Oke
*Love Comes Softly, Love's Enduring Promise, Love's Long Journey, Love's Abiding Joy, Love's Unending Legacy, Love's Unfolding Dream, Love Takes Wing, Love Finds a Home*
For years I hadn't read this series, but I knew basically everything about them. Then my cousin bought me a beautiful collection of the entire series for Christmas one year and I read them. and I loved them. Janette Oke is definitely one of my favorite authors, and this series did not disappoint, though I will admit the last book isn't nearly as good as the others, but you will have read Belinda's story in order to truly apprentice the next series I'm going to recommend:
|| A Prairie Legacy Series by Janette Oke
*The Tender Years, A Searching Heart, A Quiet Strength, Like Gold Refined*
Some people don't like this series as well as the Love Comes Softly series, and though I will admit it isn't as "interesting" since a lot of time has passed since Marty's story, but I still love these books. I even read them before I had read the Love Comes Softly series. (backwards, I know *laughs*)
|| Seasons of the Heart Series by Janette Oke
*Once Upon A Summer, The Winds of Autumn, Winter Is Not Forever, Spring's Gentle Promise*
Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok. this is my favorite Janette Oke series, I practically can quote these books, and that's that.
|| Roses For Mama by Janette Oke
This book is probably my favorite book in the Women of the West series. and I don't own it! *cries*
|| A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke
last Janette Oke book, promise. *laughs*
|| Ladies of the Manor Series by Roseanna M. White
*The Lost Heiress, The Reluctant Duchess, A Lady Unrivaled*
I loooooveeee these books (especially the first one)!!! Though I would say young girls might want to wait till they're a little older before reading them. Maybe 15 and up.
|| Waves of Freedom Series by Sarah Sundin
*Through Waters Deep, Anchor in the Storm, When Tides Turn*
Once again, the first book is my favorite book in the series, but the entire series is definitely worth reading and owning! (working on collecting all three books myself - I have the first and the last book)
|| Love Me Tender by Janice Hanna
a super sweet book that takes place in the 50's! I'd recommend this book for young girls even!!!
|| Blackbird Mountain Series by Joanne Bischof
*Sons of Blackbird Mountain, Daughters of Northern Shores*
Another author that I have really enjoyed, and these two books are the beeeesssstttttt, so there.
|| The Daybreakers by Louis L'Amour
I have limited myself to one Louis L'Amour book in this post, so of course I would have to mention my favorite book of all time. If you haven't read any Louis L'Amour's this is a good one to start with (it was my first), but have a pen ready to mark out all the bad words. Or better yet, have a parent read it first and mark out the words for you. *winks*
|| A Bundle of Letters to Busy Girls by Grace H. Dodge
*my own pic because this book is so hard to find on the internet*
I just cannot recommend this book enough! I believe every girl should read it! Since it was written in 1887 and the last time it was printed was 1915 (or at least that's when my copy was released) this book is next to impossible to find. I came across it by accident (not that I believe in accidents xP) at a church event where a friend gives away books and things in a fun way (we call it the "Nut Auction"). The title drew me to it - I was having a hard time being happy with my job and how crazy my life was so I was curious if I could get anything out of this old book. And, boy did I. It helped me soo much. So please, look into trying to find it <3
*I did find it on Amazon, but idk about the quality of that edition, I'd try to find it on ebay if I was looking to buy it*
Have you read any of these? I'm always looking for some good books to read, so feel free to give me some recommendations of your own!














I haven't read all these but I have read quite a few of them! *winks* "Love Me Tender" has got to be one of my f.a.v.o.r.i.t.e.s. *hearts*
ReplyDeleteA few of these are on my TBR pile! ;)
ReplyDeleteI've read a lot of these books, though not most of the newer ones...I have never heard of the Blackbird Mountain Series. What is it about? Without giving away everything..*winks*
ReplyDeleteWow! I love so many of these books!!!! I read Roses for Mama,Love Comes Softly, Once Upon A Summer, The Winds of Autumn, Winter Is Not Forever, Spring's Gentle Promise,A Gown of Spanish Lace,Little Woman, etc. over and over and over and over... you get my drift.
ReplyDeleteI've read 4 of these! Little Women, Roses for Mama, Love Me Tender, and The Daybreakers. ;) I know, I should've read more of these, but... so many books, so little time. xP
ReplyDelete