hello, people.
It's Thanksgiving day today, and I'm having hard time being thankful. Every year my mom's family gets together at my grandpa's house for Thanksgiving dinner, and this year, I can't go. and this may very well be the last Thanksgiving in that wonderful house. (the house that this poem was written about)
Right now LaKaysha and I are alone in this empty house, probably feeling sorry for ourselves. I know I am. We may have been exposed to the whooping cough, and just in case we do carry the virus, we have decided to stay away from family for a couple weeks, to keep the baby's safe. I haven't seen Kate in over a week, and I have five more days to go before I can see her again.
I also have a new cousin, Matthew, and I still haven't met him. I seen a picture of him the other day, though. He looks like he's a cutie.
One more Sunday of staying home, and then I can go to church again. By that time it will have been a month since I went last.
As if staying away from the baby's wasn't bad enough, my marine cousin flew in last night. He didn't tell people he was coming till last night, and I was only told because my brother told him I wouldn't be at Thanksgiving. (I'm writing this earlier in the day, but will be posting this once the secret that he's here is out)
This sucks. If you've been following me a while (or know me in real life), you know how I feel about my cousins. And this cousin is one of the boys who's my age. He was partly my playmate growing up. And I miss him now that he's gone off and joined the marines. I was just missing him and wondering when I'd ever see him again, and now this. He comes for Thanksgiving and I can't be there.
I wasn't going to write this post, because of how hard it's been to be thankful this year. But then I decided that was exactly why I needed to write this.
So. here's my rather small list of things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- I am thankful that Felicity gets to spend Thanksgiving with the fam this year.
- I am thankful that my cousin got to fly up here to see his family.
- I am thankful that everyone is healthy.
- I am thankful that Kate is here safe and sound.
- I am thankful that I have a family to miss today and always.
- I am thankful that God is still God and He always will be.
Happy Thanksgiving, folks. I hope your day was filled with family, laughter, and way too much food.


I feel for you! I wish everyone could have been at Thanksgiving. It would have been so nice for you to see your "playmate cousin" and your "brand new cousin."
ReplyDeleteThere's always something to be thankful for, because of Jesus, though it's not always easy. I'm glad you found something to thank God for even though you couldn't gather for Thanksgiving.
I'm sorry you had to miss Thanksgiving! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you couldn't be at Grandpa's. I really did miss you. <3
ReplyDeleteAw, I'm sorry you couldn't be at your thanksgiving gathering, I was sick during the holiday too and couldn't travel. It's not the best circumstances but I'm glad you still found things to be thankful for. <33
ReplyDelete