Tuesday, October 1, 2019

just another october update



hello october!

Who else is a little shocked that October came so fast? I know I say this every year, but this year has gone by soooooo fast! That's probably because my sister and brother-in-law have been living with us longer than planned. So in my mind it should still be August. But no, it's October. Time to pull out those sweaters you've been saving all year long! Because the rainy season is finally here. Time for all those pumpkin drinks you've been waiting for. Pretty soon Burgerville will have their pumpkin milkshake, and pretty soon I will be twenty. 

twenty years old.

lil ol me. How does this keep happening? I'm just getting older and older. Crazy. If I was my mom I'd be married with two kids. And that's always how I thought my life would go. But I guess God has other plans for me. Because here I am, basically twenty and not even a boyfriend. I've never even had a guy interested in me. Nothing. I always say that I'm "so very single", and that's different than being just plain "single". When you're "so very single" you don't even know of any guys who could maybe become a boyfriend. And that's me. I don't even know any guys. I know all my guy cousins, but that's it. I am related to everyone I know. So right now I see no end to this "season of singleness". But God sees the big picture. Sometimes I wish I could. But I just need to trust Him. And live in the now. 
Because we aren't promised tomorrow. 

Besides still being single, things have actually changed since I last did an October update. Right now I am sitting in the living room on the floor, snuggled by the fire in my grandpa's old sweater. And just so you know, it's the most amazing sweater I've ever had. So go raid your grandpa's closet the next chance you get. You just might find a treasure. 
The weather has been cold here in the pacific northwest - and not very rainy, actually. It's actually been way colder than it should be, for being only the beginning of fall. But I kept telling everyone we were in for a cold winter - our goats started getting their winter coats in July! If that isn't a sign of a hard winter, I don't know what is. Good thing I bought a new coat. 

So many things have been changing in my life. I will admit I've been a bit overwhelmed from it all. First of all. After almost eleven years of going to our church, we had to move out of the building we were renting. And we still haven't found a new place to gather. So, I have no idea if or where we'll have church on Sunday. This is a crazy change. I was nine years old when we started going to this church. And though I know it isn't the building that makes the church - and we will still be all together, where ever we find to gather - but after almost eleven years... I'm gonna miss that building. I'm gonna miss the drives to church. And the good times of eating with the gang at either Shari's or Burgerville. And though we can still eat at those places, we probably won't be going to that Burgerville very much anymore. And that Burgerville has always been my favorite. I might even drive the extra ten minutes to that BV sometimes, just because I can. 

Because I bought a car!!!

LaKaysha and I bought it, actually. It's an amazing little car and I love it so much! Haven't actually drove it yet, because we don't actually have it yet. *laughs* but we're buying it from relatives and once they buy a new vehicle we'll be able to go get our car from them. Maybe even tonight! I'm actually writing this on September 30th, so by the time this goes up we might even have our car. Maybe I'll post pictures later *winks* We named him (because we're weird that way) Lassiter. But you can feel free to call him "Mexican Lassie!!!" #psychreference xP
I'm so excited to finally have a car of our own. After eight months of driving our parents van to work and leaving them car-less. Eight months of riding with people to church and asking around for someone to bring us home later. And I know, right now we don't have a church, but we'll find a place and then we won't have to do that anymore! We'll no longer have to rush home after work because we have the van. My mom won't have to schedule her life around our work schedule anymore. Because we have our own car! I'm so excited to have this freedom, you don't even know. 

Another thing that has changed since last October - Felicity lives here. And she's going to have a baby. And I'm an auntie. And I'm so excited! I told Felicity today that, "you do know that we're gonna basically live at your house once you move, right?" Because I have a car now!!!! sorry. everything seems to go back to that *laughs* 
I can't wait to meet my little niece or nephew. Kiss their little cheeks. Play with their little toes. And spoil them rotten. *hearts forever and ever* oh, baby, I love you so much already. 

Not having a bedroom is actually hard, guys. I can't wait to have my room back. To sleep in that dark room, away from the noise of the guys getting up for work. Where nobody watched me sleep. Where I can listen to records. Where I can go when I need to be alone. 
But for now, I'm enjoying the time I get to sleep in the living room by the fire - though it can get rather warm *laughs* 

Let's see... what else has been going on in my life? Still keeping up on my letter writing to my pen pal. Still loving coffee and movie nights with the siblings. Still enjoying Louis L'Amour books and Randy Travis songs. Still loving drives with the leaves changing colors and falling all along the road. Still loving sweaters and everything fall. Still loving pumpkin pie and pumpkin everything. Still loving my family.

Still loving October. 

Some things never change. Like, I'm still me. Just a year older. And maybe a year wiser?  (idk about that one xP) But there are things about me that have changed - I used to hate Josh Groban's music. I don't know how because now I play him all day long. I used to think eighteen was old *still laughing at my younger self*

Next month I get to meet "my" little baby, plus Thanksgiving. And then it's December and Christmas! 

But right now it's October, and I'm going to enjoy that.

7 comments:

  1. I hear you on the singleness! And, yes, God has a plan. It'll be beautiful! Even if we never marry! I don't always like to think that being single my whole life could be beautiful, but God knows what beautiful looks like.

    And going to church... How that will change! It's hard to think that we don't have a church building yet. God knows.

    I should be getting a little sibling before you get your little neice or nephew. You'll have to tell me all being an auntie. *Wink* Babies are oh so cute!

    Having your own vehicle is so nice!
    I'm sure you'll enjoy that. I'm so thankful for mine. It's pretty reliable... Except when it isn't. *Laughs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, girl <3

      I know. I try not to think about it because it makes me so sad. But yes, God knows.

      Ok I'll tell you all about it! Though I can tell you right now that it's the most amazing thing! All I have to do is feels that little baby kick my hand and ah I die <333333

      haha, yeah let's hope this car lasts forever xP

      Delete
  2. October is a pretty good month. All the fall...
    When I come we're getting those pumpkin milkshakes, I need one. OK? xD
    So glad you guys got a car! That's going to be so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to meet the little one! *hearts for ever*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am terribly sorry for taking your room for so many months *guilty pout*
    I would have been in my own place months ago if I could!! I am ready to have my own space too... <3

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me happy!